Monday, May 18, 2015

Truths Heard In The Tube

One of the most insiteful things I've ever heard was overheard. I visited London after I graduated college. One afternoon, while waiting & waiting for a rail replacement train (which takes an eternity and you have no recourse) from Paddington to Piccadilly Circus, where all the fun and affordable shopping is, I was eavesdropping on a few conversations. Two ladies caught my attention. Once the train appeared out of the dark underground tunnel, one woman said with the relief and disbelief that often accompanies the arrival of oncoming public transport said "oh look, the train is coming!". The other woman, a wise woman, seemingly aware that her words and attitude were potent and poetic enough to someday show up in a stranger's blog, paused then said, "the train was always coming". Wow. The nature of destiny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci for leaving a comment!!!!